• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can we tell Lightroom CC to simply overwrite files that have the same name in an export location?

Participant ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have albums in LR CC of course. But some of those albums I need to use the files in other applications or upload to the web.

I keep adding files to the albums, and then I export the albums to their own folder. 

When I do this, after the first time then LR CC creates new files with -2 or -3 or whatever at the end of the filename. And does NOT overwrite the existing files. In this case, I want them over written because I'm just effectively doing a sync to the folder.

LR CC can't do syncs to a hard drive folder.

I want to be able to tell LR CC to just over write the files with the same name.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Lightroom doesn't have that "overwrite existing files" export option. But as you appear to be re-exporting the entire album contents each time, easiest solution is to delete the existing folder before starting the new export. At least that way you'll avoid those "-2" files being added to the folder, and the folder contents will match the album contents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, in this case the folder may also contain images from other sources, so I can't just blow it away.

A sub folder would work, but then my workflow gets harder.

Thanks for the confirmation.

I'll need to figure it out.

It boggles my mind that Lightroom CC doesnt ask you what you want to do.

It's almsot like the teams writing Lightroom CC and LR Classic hate each other, and they refuse to do things in the same way, with the same names.

Just out of spite.

These could be well integrated products, each dealing with the things they are suited for.

But they couuldn't be bothered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines