CANNOT allow access to camera roll

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

6C82FFF3-D3C6-4BF7-8AEF-F126BCD76789.png

D54A27B1-7EBF-4E82-A790-ACDCFF582509.png

  

F1C6AF24-31AC-4C77-8669-AA7D0123BD39.png

Hi, I have screenshots. I'm very tech savvy and don't usually have issues, but I've been trying to allow access to my camera roll but something's preventing me. I go to Settings > Lightroom > then there's no allow access to photos or anything?!

I have the updated Adobe Lightroom: Photo Editor Version. I don't see any others so I'm not sure if there are others? For photo editing, I used VSCO & recently purchased presets for Adobe & now I can't even use them!

PLEASE HELP 🥺! Any help would be great appreciated & I would reciprocate the help anyway I can to display gratitude! 🥺

xo

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm gonna attach files since I didn't know I could do that, just thought I used the tools in the message / thread box! 

thank you to anyone who takes uses their free time or takes the time out of their day to help a girl out! xo 

ALSO I HAVE AN IPHONE 11 PRO MAX. It might be a 12 but either way, it's one of the two and PRO MAX. iOS 14.67 or whatever!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On your phone, go to Settings>Privacy>Photos>Lightroom, then make sure you give Lightroom access to "All Photos" (it's probably currently set to "None").

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see that, as displayed in the screenshot. That's the issue, it's not an option. It's not there and I don't know why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why either. The implication is that Lightroom hasn't yet asked for access to Photos. So, going back to the earlier screenshot from the Lightroom screen which asks for access to the Camera Roll, what happened when you tapped on the "Open Settings" button? That should have taken you directly to the Privacy settings.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nasrin Truong 

Try using the Lightroom Mobile camera inside the app.  This should request access to Photos (and it's recommended to allow access to all photos).  More info about the LR in-app camera: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/using/capture-photos-mobile-ios.html

Does this help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It worked for me to delete the app from the settings menu. Settings>General>iPhone storage. Delete all, app and data. Then install Lightroom again and grand it full access. After that you can change it as you wish. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines