Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot export image because unsupported/damaged NEF file

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I cannot export my edited image from lightroom on my Mac, because unsupported or damaged corrresponding .NEF file. However, I can export it from lightroom on my ipad. How can I fix this? 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that file on your iPad a RAW nef file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes,  I imported the RAW NEF file from my SD card to the lightroom on my ipad, and I can export the image to the ipad. However, when I open the lightroom in my mac and try to export the image to the mac, it reports the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One possibility is that the copy of the photo on your computer is corrupted. If that's the case, you have to replace it with a good copy (copy on your iPad or backup).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. What does the "copy" mean? the RAW file? I think I do not have the copy on my computer, and I think all the images are on lightroom cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you asking questions about Lightroom Classic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oops. I am actually using Lightroom not Lightroom Classic. Sorry for
posting on the wrong thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oops. I am actually using Lightroom not Lightroom Classic. Sorry for posting on the wrong thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you should post in the Lightroom ecosystem forum, as I think the solution for Lightroom Classic won't help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

got it . Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I cannot export my edited image from lightroom on my Mac, because unsupported or damaged corrresponding .NEF file.  However, I can export it from the lightroom on my ipad.  The image was originally import from the SD card to the lightroom on the iPad.  How can I fix this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines