• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Export Images to External SSD from Lightroom - Low on Disk Space even with 900GB Available

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new SSD with over 1TB of space.  I've started exporting my library in Lightroom to this SSD and was able to get about 20GB worth out of 40GB of all my photos.  For some reason I get an error from Lightroom saying that my device is "Low on Disk Space" even though I have over 900GB of space available.  Any help on what's preventing me from exporting is much appreciated.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble while trying to export the images from Lightroom. Would you mind telling us if you are trying to export all the images at once? If yes, how much space do you have on the computers C: drive?

Since Lightroom creates some temporary files while exporting the images, if your storage on the C: drive (which Lightroom uses by default to create cache) is low, you might run into this error. Try exporting the images in small batches or clearing some space from the C: drive to check if that helps.

Please let us know if this helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm exporting the images in batches and not all at once. I am exporting them to a Sandisk Extreme Portable SSD, not to my computer though.  The portable ssd is brand new and has about 900 GB of space. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines