Thanks for reaching out. Sorry for the trouble with Lightroom & Photoshop. If you can clarify a few things for me, we can get to the bottom of this.
Do you use the File > Save/Save as an option, or do you close the document from the (X) on the document tab?
Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?
When you launch Lightroom or Adobe apps on macOS Catalina and above, you are prompted to allow permissions by the macOS.
You can ensure Lightroom & Photoshop have the permissions needed on the Mac by following the steps suggested below and here with a video (https://bityl.co/BsB1) or follow the steps below:
- Go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab.
- Then select Accessibility from the list to the left & check if Lightroom & Photoshop are added to the list with a checkmark in front of it.
- If Lightroom & Photoshop are not a part of the list, please add them by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon & navigating to the Applications folder.
- Also, grant permissions to Lightroom & Photoshop under Full disk access found in the same list as Accessibility.
- Once done, lock the padlock to save the changes.
You can also log on to Lightroom Web (https://lightroom.adobe.com) to check current Sync issues on the left part of the screen.
If there are any sync issues, click on them to know more, find the original for those images, and back them up safely before you empty the Sync issues from Lightroom Web.
Let us know how it goes.