• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot import photos: "Error in catalog index" Lightroom v3.3

Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to import photos into Lightroom CC, but everytime I do, I receive the error, "Error in catalog index". 

I am running a Mac OS 10.13.6  with Lightroom CC v3.3. 

I have tried importing from a folder on my machine, a folder on my hard drive, and an SD card. I have also tried to log out / restart / log back in. 

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a thread just below yours that was started a couple of years ago describing the same problem. As far as I can tell, there really isn't anything you can do about it if restarting Lightroom didn't do anything to resolve the issue. You don't have access to the index or the catalog. I would wait a while and see if the issue resolves itself. If it doesn't then there is a link on the main screen of the forum to report feedback. That link will get the attention of the developers more than this forum will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd try to reset the local catalog, to see if that clears whatever problem exists in there. That involves deleting (using Finder when Lightroom is closed) the "Lightroom Library.lrlibrary" package, which you'll find in the user Pictures folder. After deleting it, starting Lightroom will cause it to be rebuilt from the cloud catalog, which will take a little while (depends on how many images you have in the cloud). Wait until the rebuild has finished (syncing has stopped and all albums/folders have been created and populated), then try to import again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jim, this worked for me. Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh boy thanks so much. Took me ages to find your posted solution, but this worked for me too. And it managed to solve the problem of 14 photos that simply would not synch and which I'd given up on. So thanks x 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Jim.  I'm lucky this just happened to me, and your solution was handy. 

I really feel for all those frustrated folks in the thread from 2018 with no answer, so I posted a link to this thread there to point people here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines