Thanks for reaching out. We are here to help. If you can clarify a few things for me, we can get to the bottom of this.
Could you please share the version of Adobe Lightroom from > Help > About Lightroom along with the specific version of macOS you are working on? Please share the specific file format of images and the camera from which they have been shot. Does it only happen with any specific set of recently shot images? Have you tried importing images from the internal drive? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?
Please ensure Lightroom has permissions needed on the Mac by following the steps suggested below:
- Go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab.
- Then select Accessibility from the list to the left & check if Lightroom is added to the list with a checkmark in front of it.
- If Lightroom is not a part of the list, please add it by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon & navigating to the Applications folder.
- Also, grant permissions to Lightroom under Full disk access found in the same list as Accessibility. It should look as shown below for Adobe Lightroom.
- Once done, restart the Mac.
- In Mac Finder, go to Pictures. Right-click on Lightroom library.lrlibrary and choose “Show Package Contents.”
- Select any file that starts with “Managed Catalog” and delete or move the files to the desktop location in one single folder.
- After this, please restart Adobe Lightroom and check if the issue persists.
We are here to help. Let us know if this works.