• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot move photo from LR to PS

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to edit a raw file from LR to PS by creating a virtual copy.  I get the following error messages.  When I close out of the error messages, LR automatically created two more virtual copies.  The origial photo is now a PSD file.   Please help!  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason Lightroom doesn't think Photoshop is installed on your computer. Perhaps you should uninstall Photoshop and install it again to see if that resolves the issue.

If you save the PSD to your desktop, are you then able to open it directly to Photoshop? Are you ablee to open the Photoshop application by itself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try to open PS directly, these are the steps I took: I deleted PS
then shut down my computer,reinstalled shut down again. When I opened PS I
got the same error message.
I then deleted it from APPS on my computer, did the same as above and still
get the error message.
It appears to be just a PS issue.
Any ideas what to do?
Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Again Jim,

I did some research which advised that the way to fix it is to download the DLL file and add it to Adobe program files.

When I double click on the file to complete this message pops up.  I don't want to continue and really mess something up.

Please advise.

Thankserror 4.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely do NOT download and run a file called "Photoshop.dll." That's asking for trouble.

Also, you can't "Delete PS." It needs to be uninstalled, and then reinstalled. using the Creative Cloud Desktop tool. If you've got this many issues, it might be time to use the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool to clean things up, then fully reinstall your programs (again, using the Creative Cloud Desktop app).

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant uninstalled- not delete.  

How difficult is it to do the clean up.  Does it affect my LR Classic?

Thanks.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To use the cleanup tool you need to uninstall all of the Adobe programs. But that isn't going to remove your catalog and preferences file and other user files that have already been established. Those will be used again after you reinstall the programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jim,

I had to contact Adobe Help desk for resolution. 

The SSE on my comuter is 4.  In order to update to the lasted update of PS the computer's SSE has to be higher than 4.

We reverted back to 21.2.4 which resolved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines