• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open pictures in lightroom [Ver. 6.1]

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to uplaod some presets, but it did not work. It says files are not valid. Since then my Lightroom cannot add any pictures anymore. I tried to uninstall the Lightroom and install it again, but it did not work. 

I have attached the picture of the error. Can someone help me out with this issue? 
PS. I am not really very good in the Technical aspects of LR, I just use it for pictures editing. Thanks in advance. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of the Lightroom Preferences>Local Storage tab? Use the Insert Photos icon to attach the screenshot, don't post a link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim, thank you for your reply, but I have solved the issue. I am not sure how, maybe by cleaning the cashe in my LR preference... but it works now. 🙏🏼:sunflower:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be that you are short of disk space on the drive where new imports are copied to (Lightroom first copies the imports to it's own designated location, and it's from there that they get uploaded to the cloud). The default location is on the system drive, which is often not the largest drive, which can thus result in space problems. If you have a larger drive available (internal or external) it might be a good idea to change the location for locally stored originals....you can do that using the Lightroom Preferences>Local Storage tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think that is what I have done, I have changed (or reset) the otiginal lication ... for some reason that was changed when I tried to upload some presets voor LR... 

I have purchased some nice presets but cannot install them, because they cannot be installed as other normal presets 😩...

but I did not have much time to try again... I will do that during the weekend. If it does not work, I might be posting yet anoter topic here ... 😅

Thank you, Jim, for your support. 
I wish you a lovely week ahead. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines