• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot use ultra wide angle lens with LR Mobile on iPhone 11

Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, the LR Mobiel app only use the normal lens on my iPhone 11.  It doesn't use the ultra wide angle lens.

Is there some special settings I don't know about to activate the ultra wide angle lens?

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

The UW lens on the iPhone 11 is available from the Automatic and Professional Modes (see pulldown) It is not available in HDR mode, Long Exposure, and Depth capture.   Double check your Lightroom Camera App settings. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The UW lens on the iPhone 11 is available from the Automatic and Professional Modes (see pulldown) It is not available in HDR mode, Long Exposure, and Depth capture.   Double check your Lightroom Camera App settings. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show me in picture, i am in the same situation with my s21 ultra. I have been looking at the settings for hours but havent found a way. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here for Moto G200 - have no idę how to use UW or Macro lens with LR Mobile 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Automatic and Pro modes, UW is only available in JPG format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has changed with the latest iOS updates. Before, I could use the UW option in DNG format also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting on this.  I've upgraded to IOS 16, however, and don't see any change.  I still have to switch to JPG format to be able to use the UW lens.  I'm holding out for introduction of the periscope lense in 2023 (iPhone Pro Max).  My problem with go away then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe please change this back tongue previous behavior (LR simply used jpeg for the wide angle lens, no matter how the setting were)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! Until either a recent LR Mobile update, or iOS 16, if I had it set to DNG but cycled through to UW, it would just shoot JPG, then go back to DNG when I cycled back to a lense that supported it. Now it takes extra steps to change file format then lense. This really sucks when you have a picture moment happening right in front of you. Please go back to the previous automatic behaviour. So much more user friendly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As posted in previous replies, the iPhone UW camera is only accessible through the Lightroom camera when shooting JPG. 
I use the Lightroom camera only for DNG. 
My question:

Is it Apple not allowing Adobe to use the UW?

Is it Adobe not up to speed to access the UW with DNG?

Bit of both?

My info:

iPhone 12 Pro Max

iOS 16.1

Lightroom App v 8.0.0

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a much earlier thread about the same thing, Adobe said that this was a change to the iOS system that Apple did that prevents them (and other non-Apple apps) from recording raw from the UW angle camera. They have noted the bug to Apple apparently. First I was able to trick Lightroom into still doing it by shooting HDR and making it save the orginal image too which did save in dng but Adobe has blocked that option in a more recent update to Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't need it to record DNG in ultra wide. I just want LR mobile to do what it used to do and automatically switch between jpg and DNG as needed. That's an Adobe problem, not an Apple problem. It's a simple "if". If the user switches to UW, use jpg, If they switch  to a lense that supports dng, use that. LR Mobile used to do that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see Apple website:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211965

Until Adobe enhances the LR app, I'm switching to the Apple Camera app to capture UW pictures in RAW format. Note that you have to push the RAW button in the top right corner of the Apple camera app each time you start the camera app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lense select icon is gone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you, by chance, in Depth mode? 

IMG_3218 2.PNG

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't have depth mode

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Automatic or Pro mode, I don't think the front-facing lens is available when HDR mode is selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't mean front camera. I want use main ultra-wide. It was possible before app update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The ultra-wide lens is no longer available in raw(dng) capture mode after the recent iOS updates due to some change Apple made and Adobe has been catching up. Before the very last update there was a hack that if you also had HDR selected and you had the preference checked to also store the normal exposure you could still get a raw image from the ultrawide camera. This has now also disappeared. Very unfortunate but apparently due to some change Apple made and in another thread Adobe has told us they are working with Apple to resolve this. That's quite a while ago though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines