Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot View Imported Camera Matching Profile

Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I downloaded 6 camera matching profiles for the Canon R5 from a third-party site (jimmynordstrom). The names of the profiles are long as they appear so they are getting cut off. I have tried renaming them in Lightroom and cannot find a way to do this. 

I tried to edit one of the file names in BBEdit, and that too did not result in a profile name change in lightroom when it was closed and reopened. So, I thought it might help to delete the profile from lightroom and then reimport it. 

The problem is that when I now try to reimport the edited profile (File ==> Import Develop Profiles and presets), I get the error "Unable to import profiles and presets. All items were already imported".

I tried updating the file name too, and the results are the same. I still have just 5 of the 6 profiles and the "Camera Faithful" one is still missing. 

I am using the latest version of Lightroom and MacOS. 

How do I restore the ability to view this deleted Profile? I am looking at a CR3 image and can see the other 5 non-deleted camera matching profiles just fine. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know anything at all about the profiles you purchased. However, I have a hunch that renaming them was probably not a good idea. I think the best solution would be for you to contact whoever you purchased the profiles from and explain the situation to them and see if they have a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just curious about how to view a profile that was deleted and then re-imported. This cannot be addressed by a third-party, as the issue has to do with Adobe saying that the profile already exists but then not displaying it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a user supported forum. I am just another user like yourself, and don't have all the answers. That is the situation with most respoondents on this forum. However, I will provide you with a link to a forum where the developers  monitor much more closely, and perhaps you can get more technical help by posting your question there.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-desktop-cloudbased/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40874 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines