Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Canon R5: Edit in Photoshop and back to Lightroom not working

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I hope someone can help.

I have a Canon R5 which shoots CR3 files. I am trying to edit Lightroom images in Photoshop and then on saving I expect to see them in Lightroom. But this is not happening.  I am running Lightroom v4.3 (strangely called Adobe Photoshop Lightroom v4.3) and Photoshop v 22.4.2 on a Macbook Pro M1.

Choosing File > Edit in Photoshop opens my CR3 image in Photoshop successfullly but open is as a TIFF file. I make edits and then when I select 'Save' Photoshop asks me to to save the file as a TIFF. Once saved nothing pushes back to Lightroom.

My understanding is that the back and forth between the two programs should be seamless? Can someone tell me why this is not happening?

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Problem or error, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Choosing File > Edit in Photoshop opens my CR3 image in Photoshop successfullly

That is the correct way.  Edit in Photoshop  [Ctrl+Shift+E)

but open is as a TIFF file.

Yes that is correct. Photoshop requires an RGB rendered image to edit. Lightroom renders the CR3 and sends a TIF to Photoshop.

I make edits and then when I select 'Save' Photoshop asks me to to save the file as a TIFF.

That does not sound correct. Are you sure you are using [File] > [Save], and not [Save As]?

Once saved nothing pushes back to Lightroom.

I find that no matter I send a raw (DNG) or TIF file to Edit in Photoshop, when I [Save] and [Close] the document, the TIF returns to Lightroom in a Stack. It appears on top of the original image in the stack. A number in the corner indicates photos in the stack and I can click on the number to see the two Versions on the Filmstrip where I can select and edit each separately in Lr.

2021-07-04 17_22_12-Lightroom.jpg   2021-07-04 17_22_28-Lightroom.jpg

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.4, Photoshop 22.5, Lightroom 4.4, Windows-10 Nikon DSLR.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines