• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canon R5 Raw photos preview fine, but fail after uploading.

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this is a card issue or Lightroom issue. I have a Canon R5 shooting in C-RAW. I have both a Sandisk SD and a Sony CFexpress card. I would normally have jpg going to the SD and the raw files going to the CF card, but for trouble shooting purposes I have raw files going to both cards.  When I upload raw files to Lightroom on an iMac from the CF card the preview shows up just fine. However, after the files have been uploaded to Lightroom I'm seeing about a 40% to 60% failure.  The files appear as just grey boxes.  The info button displays everything just fine but there is no image.  I have tried pulling the same file in from the SD card and it shows up perfectly.  I would say that this could be a card issue, except that Lightroom displays the image fine in the preview section before uploading and the images review perfectly fine in camera as well, so I don't think the file is corrupt or anything.  I've tried uploading the files straight from the CF card and tried downloading them to the hard drive first and uploading them from the hard drive, with the same failure rate. Has anyone else seen this issue, or any suggestions? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As stated above, the issse was first noticed when shooting in C-Raw. I tried switching to RAW and the failure went to 100%.  All the photos imported as a gray box. And again, the previews show up just fine, but after uploading the images appear for a second or two then change to the gray image. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines