• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Catalog file and Smart previews file have unequal numbers of pictures

New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to send my smart previews and catalog to an editor and the two files have a different number of pictures. Lightroom Catalog has 2,811 and smart previews shows 2,719 so it seems that I am missing some pictures. any idea what might be going on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your are not missing pictures. There is no law that says that each picture must have a smart preview. Smart previews are only generated if you tell Lightroom to do so. Apparently you did not tell that each time pictures were added, so some of your pictures do not have a smart preview. That is perfectly normal. The easiest way to generate the missing smart previews is to select all images, and then choose 'Library -  Previews - Build Smart Previews'.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By the way: if you have any virtual copies, then you will always have fewer smart previews. Virtual copies do not have their own smart previews. They share the same smart preview with the original.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines