Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Catalogues were not grandfathered into the latest LRC update.

New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Collections and catalogues I had in LRC were not grandfathered into the latest update. These things are now stuck in the Photos folder of Windows 10. I cannot inport these into LRC and can't even open them in Windows. I would have thought that Adobe would have thought to update and include my previous collections. Not so. One more reason that I am at the tether's end with Lightroom and Adobe. HOW DO I OPEN AND/OR IMPORT MY COLLECTIONS, MY LIGHTROOM CATALOGIES LANGUISHING IN WINDOWS 10?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom-Classic Catalogs  'work' like many other program files (eg. MS-Word, Excel, Access, etc) you can simply [Double-Click] and they 'Open' with Lr-Classic.

Catalog filenames use the File-type identifier of { .LRCAT} (eg.  Lightroom Catalog.LRCAT )

You do NOT have to Import anything to 'Open' an .LRCAT catalog file.

If you have more than one catalog, you can 'open' each one independently by a [Double-Click].

Catalogs store all your Photo Previews and Collections (NOT your photo files).

It is always suggested that most users only have ONE 'Master' catalog that references ALL their photos. And that regular Backups are created (in ZIP folders) for emergency use only. Having multiple Catalogs can easily lead to confusion!

When you upgrade LrC v9>v10 it also upgrades a copy of a Catalog ( "-v10" is added to LrC v10 upgrades). Older versions upgraded by adding "-2" to the catalog name to indicate it as upgraded. (This also confuses many by the upgrade 'Copies' that are created and not deleted)

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.4, Photoshop 22.5, Lightroom 4.4, Windows-10 Nikon DSLR.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines