Changing external editing preferences in Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2021 Oct 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I have just tried to do some external editing in PS. The exported file will be a TIFF file instead of the RAW (not even PSD). Annoyingly there is no way to change the way the files are exported to PS or it is there I can't just find it? 

If anyone have run into this problem could you help me, please? 

TOPICS
Cross-app workflows, macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 03, 2021 Oct 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The better workflow is to [Edit in Photohsop]  (not 'Export').

Yes the file sent to Photoshop WILL BE a TIFF when it is saved. A TIFF will do 99.9% everything that a PSD can do- so no problem there.

"instead of the RAW"- This is  where Ps gets misleading for many people-

The RAW file edited in Ps shows on the tab as the RAW filename because  - until it is SAVED it only exists in Ps memory - Ps does not 'know' it is a TIFF until it obeys Lightroom and saves the new file as a TIFF.

The workflow is-

[Edit in Photoshop] > Edit the image > [SAVE]

The new TIFF version will appear back in the Lightroom Library- possibly stacked with the original RAW as a 'Version'.

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 11.0.1, Photoshop 23.0.2, Lightroom 5.0, Bridge 12.0, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines