Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing Local Storage issue

New Here ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I just upgraded from Lightroom Classic and I've been doing some disk cleaning to try to declutter my workflow. My C: drive is too small to hold the preview files for Lightroom, especially in the quantity that I use it for. When I installed the latest Lightroom, I selected a location on a different drive (F:) which I have plenty more room on.

However, when I launched the new Lightroom and attempted to import the media, it tried to put the photo cache onto my C: drive again. I looked up online and saw that I needed to change my local storage location, and did so by changing "Storage location for the originals:" to my F: drive. It restarted Lightroom but still is giving me an error saying my "C:" drive is full and to changer my local storage setting... Which I just did becuase I knew the "C:" couldn't handle all of the required space... 

Can someone assist me with understanding why Lightroom continues to reference a Drive which it IS NOT installed on and why does changing the local storage setting not put the file location on cached files into the new folder which I dedicated for local storage?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I have a similer problem! need to move all my photo files to a new disk. However, LrC cannot find the files unless the disk has the same name. Is it possible to change the name of the storage disk? What's the procedure?

Thank you for any tips!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines