• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing LR from the original HD to the backup HD

New Here ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My LR HD (not my boot HD)  is toast, and I want to run LR from the backup photo  HD. Do I have to reinstally the previews again?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You do not say which Lightroom you use, but it sounds like it must be Lightroom Classic. LrC stores its edits in the catalog, and stores the previews in the catalog folder. That folder is normally located on your internal drive, so it should be safe. To 'reconnect' to photos, all you need to do it make sure that the photos backup has the same name (Macintosh) or drive letter (Windows) as the original photo disk had.

If your catalog was on that toasted drive too, then I hope it was backed up too. In that case you need to start Lightroom from that backup by double clicking the catalog file on the photo backup disk. You only need to do that once.

Previews will be rebuilt when needed, but that shouldn't be the case.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines