• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

changing sync location

Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have beenn using Lightroom Classic with Lightrrom in the cloud for some time.  I have some photos that were originally loaded on my desktop and are synced into the cloud and some photos that were originally loaded on my ipad which synced through the cloud down to Lightroom Classic.

Now one of the drives on my desktop has died.  So I would like to associate the full sized images in Lightroom Cloud with a new disk location on my desktop in Lightroom Classic.  Ideally I would like to use Lightroom Cloud versions of those images as my backup restore of those images to the new disk.  Failing that, I am getting the old Lightroom Classic versions of those images restored anyway but would like the cloud versions to still sync with the new location.  At a minimum, I do not want the fact that the cloud versions were originally assocaited with a different location to cause duplicates on my desktop or worse yet to somehow negatively affect the new location (cause deletions).

Any guidance would be appreicated.

Thanks

Rob

TOPICS
macOS , Web

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rob,

This will require some manual sorting & effort. I'll help you figure this out.

Images originally uploaded from Lightroom Classic to the cloud are only smart previews & the originals to these images are supposed to be available on your computer.

Images originally uploaded from Lightroom (iPad or desktop) are stored on the cloud as full-size originals & later downloaded in Lightroom Classic as full-size originals at default or specific location on your computer.

Lightroom Classic will download the original images from the cloud to store them in the new location you can set in Preferences > Lightroom Sync > Specify location for Lightroom's synced images. 

SameerK_0-1664568117988.png

Let me know if this helps,

Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines