• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Choosing what metadata displays when viewing a shared collectionSelecting which info to display

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With a shared collection the viewer can see the Caption when the photo is tapped. Can I change that to display the Title instead? I know that both the title and caption can be shown by clicking on the "i" button on the right side of the screen, but instead of that I would like the Title to appear at the bottom of the image instead of the Caption.

Likewise, can I choose which metadata is displayed in the info panel when the "i" button is clicked? All I wish to have displayed is the Title, Caption and Copyright. No need to show the capture dae or megapixels, etc.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. I don't think you can switch the standard display from Caption to Title.

2. When setting an album to share, the share settings allow you to include/exclude Metadata and Location info when using the Info tab. Unfortunately, with both of the options disabled there is still more metadata displayed than I would have expected. I don't understand why capture date (plus Caption & Title) is always included in the display, even when the Metadata option is not enabled.....that's not at all consistent with the export options in both LrC and Lightroom desktop.

Maybe the OP should be turned into a feature request, though to be honest I feel that the whole metadata sharing implementation in shared albums needs a thorough overhaul.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines