• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cloud Lightroom Screen Flickering on Desktop set to higher than 60hz screen refresh

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Photoshop version: Photoshop Lightroom v 6.1 (Cloud version)
  • AMD 5800x CPU
  • Graphics card: Nvidia RTX 3070ti- gaming graphics driver installed
  • Monitor Dell S2719DGF, 144hz refresh rate- monitor specific driver from dell is installed
  • All system drivers are up to date as of 12/21/22

Issue: 

•  Severe screen flickering during photo edits, every few seconds while working with photos, at random intervals.

I believe this is caused by my system running by default at 144hz refresh rate. As soon as I switch my system to 60hz refresh rate the flickering stops immediately while using Lightroom. I tried changing this on a whim and immediately resolved the issue. I do not have this issue with any other program installed on my computer, only Lightroom. 

I should not have to change the refresh rate of my system in order to use Lightroom in a non irritating fashion. The constant screen flickering is more than just an annoyance, it causes me headaches if I persist in using it. This problem has existed for quite a while but recently has gotten much worse.

Please make Lightroom high refresh rate friendly. Please don't tell me I need to install the studio graphics driver, I am a hobbyist that does photo editing and plays games on the same machine. Problem did also exist while my system was running a GTX 1070ti graphics card and an AMD 2700 cpu with the exact same monitor. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moved to LR forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines