• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

color banding in sky after syncing with LR Mobile

Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just synced a photo from LRC to LR Mobile, and there is banding in the sky when I view it in LR Mobile, and also after exporting it from LR Mobile to my phone's photo album (iphone 12 pro). For this particular image, I used LRC's Denoise feature, and it looks completely clean on my PC monitor, but the color banding appears on the Mobile app. Does the Denoise feature not play well with the mobile app? Or is something else going on? Is it some inadvertent operator error?

Mobile app version 8.4.1

LRC version 12.4

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue with banding in the sky (blues) after syncing LRC with LR mobile for Samsung Galaxy s23 ultra. However I didn't run any denoise on the image just the usual LR basis adjustments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The likely culprit is that, when you sync from Lightroom Classic, you sync a smart preview. When you edit in Lightroom Classic you edit the original. 

To test this, you can export your Classic-edited file to a DNG. Then transfer the DNG to your device and import it into Lightroom mobile. Does it look better?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2023 Aug 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi- I just want to make sure I understand the terms in the way you mean. When you say export it, do you mean export it to my PC hard drive as a DNG? And for "device", do you mean my phone? If so, what means of transferring to my device/phone do you suggest? I use the sync feature as the easiest way to get it on my device. Otherwise it means emailing it to myself, opening it on my phone, then downloading it to photos, and then to LR mobile. Is there an easier way? If syncing is only syncing a smart preview, is there a way to change that?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines