• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color space in Lr 2022

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to make sure the colour space is set to Adobe RGB in Lr 2022 not classic. Where is this done?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't set a color space internally. You set the color space upon export.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I know in LrC you can set it internally. So I was looking for a way to do it in Lr 2022. I know about the exporting setting. Just wanted to make sure that when working on a photo that the color space was Adobe RGB like my camera. Am I to awesome the Lr carrier that color space from your raw photo into editing until you export it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect, but have not definitive answer that color space is semi dynamic with Lr.

On the mobile versions, it definitely looks like color space is down graded to either Adobe RGB or Display P3. While on the web version, sRGB seems to be the default. This would make sense from a programatic perspective since that is the designed color depth for those platforms.

On the Windows desktop version, when I did side by side previously with Classic, it seemed to match the ProPhoto RGB color space. Note: Windows switched to a higher color depth a few years ago in the middle of the Windows 10 life cycle, I forget when.

Lastly, when you export, the fact that there is a ProPhoto RGB color space leads me to believe with string likelyhood that underneath Adobe is using ProPhoto RGB, but uses a "lighter" layer on demand based on the platform in use.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I don't care if it is down graded to Adobe RGB just not down to sRGB! If its default is ProPhoto RGB then I'm good. IMO PRO is over kill for most editing applications. 
I appreciate your help! 
Say seeing that we have a thread going. Do you know how or if it is possible to change the font brightness, color or the color scheme of the panels in LrC? I downloaded it and I have a hard time seeing the font against the background of the pannel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks! I know in LrC you can set it internally. 

By @Brian266877364c01

No, you can't do that in Lightroom Classic either. Lightroom Classic uses its own 'Melissa' color space internally (a kind of ProPhotoRGB) and you can't change that. Perhaps you confuse this with soft proofing, but soft proofing only simulates a different color space on screen.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines