• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Confusion is my middle name.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was a Lightroom Classic  user but I am leaning towards iPhonorphphy (I am not sure that is even a word). I find I enjoy the challenge of post processing on a mobile device.

Since I am new to Lightroom CC, one of the issues I am having is duplicate, triplicate, and quadruple files. They seem to multiple. Which led me to search and trash the duplicates which I cannot do because the images are in the cloud. Do I have access to my images in the cloud? This is driving me nuts. I am looking for an explanation of this "cloud" concept.

Which leads my to my next issue.. Synchronization..

My iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPad pro and my Dell desktop does not sync.. I get some images but never sync an album or a folder. If I create a folder on my iPad it does not show up on my desktop or iPhone. How do I get everything to sync?

My third issue is sending an image on the desktop to Photoshop and then send the image from photoshop to Topaz and then back to photoshop. I see no way to then send the image from photoshop back to lightroom CC. Can I do this and when the image is closed in photoshop will all the edits to the image from Lightroom CC, Photoshop 2021, and Topaz reflect all of the changes?

If anyone can shed some light of this from your experience I would be grateful. 

Thank you..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Dell desktop does not sync.."

Firstly, you must understand that Lightroom-Classic (on your desktop) is not a full member of the Cloud ecosystem. It has limitations which are-

-LrC can only sync UP to the Cloud, photos added to Collections (marked to sync), AND only smaller proxy (Smart Previews) are synced 'up' to appear as 'Albums'. (Smart Previews do not occupy any of your Cloud storage)

-LrC, when Sync is activated, will Download ALL photos from Cloud (unless local versions already exist). But it will only download them to 'dated' folders (a setting in LrC Preferences).

OTOH, Lightroom (v4.1) on your desktop is the 'Cloud' version that should show your photos exactly the same as your iPad and iPhone. And these three devices (iPad, iPhone, Lightroom-Desktop v4.1) should all be syncing automatically IF they are all connected with the same User & pw credentials. (Photos 'added/imported' to these 'devices' DO occupy Cloud storage space.)

"sending an image on the desktop to Photoshop and then send the image from photoshop to Topaz and then back to photoshop. I see no way to then send the image from photoshop back to lightroom CC."

Using Photoshop & Topaz from Lightroom-CLASSIC is not within the gambit of the Cloud, so these images need to be added to a synced Collection in LrC to then sync (as Smart Previews),

or 'Added/Imported' to Lightroom-Desktop v4.1 to upload as full-size in the Cloud..

You really need to decide which will be your 'Default Master' editing program on your desktop Lightroom or Lightroom-Classic?

COMPARE LR & LR-CLASSIC (Lr Queen)

And I might suggest the free 'Lightroom' eBook from Victoria Bampton-

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Lightroom on your phone and exporting edits to your camera roll? You may have your Lightroom preferences set to automatically import from the camera roll. Is so, this will reimport the exported version creating duplicates in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good point. I need to look at that. And I am using Lightroom CC web based and not Lightroom Classic. 
Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for confirming. I will move your post to the correct forum.

If you continue to have sync problems between your photo and computer, make sure all apps are updated to the current version, and you are signed into the same account everywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines