• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Consolidate libraries between two versions of Lightroom

Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure how this happened, but I have both the CC version of Lightroom Classic and the Lightroom from Apple’s App Store installed and there are photos imported into both versions’ libraries. Some photos are in the App store version and some are in Classic.

I think I forgot I had both versions so launched Lightroom and imported images from my camera, unaware it was the App store version I was using. I want all the photos in just one version and right now the Classic version is fully functional, so that’s the one I’d like everything in.

Is there an easy way to consolidate the libraries, including importing the XMP files?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just want to make sure I understand what you did. You have Lightroom Classic (there's no longer any "CC" designation on most Adobe products, including Lightroom Classic), and that's where you do most of your work, yes? You've also installed the app simply called Lightroom, which is in fact the cloud-centric version, i.e. all images are stored in the Adobe cloud by default, though you can also store a local copy of them. You've also imported some images into Lightroom instead of Classic, and you now want to put those images into Classic while retaining any edits that you did to them in Lightroom? Have I got that right?

If that's correct, the easiest way to "consolidate" the images into Classic is to enable Classic to sync with the cloud. Once you do that, all images in the cloud will automatically download as full originals into the Classic catalog and will obviously be stored on a local hard drive. The images that you see in Classic will include the edits you made in Lightroom.

However, before you enable sync in Classic (which you do by clicking on the cloud icon top right of the Classic screen and then clicking on "Start Syncing") there are a couple of things you should check. First, you need to verify that all the images that you imported into Lightroom have fully synced to the cloud.....you do that by opening Lightroom and clicking on its cloud icon (also top right) and verify that the sync status is reported as "Synced and Backed Up". If it is, that means all the work you did in Lightroom has been successfully uploaded to the cloud. The next thing to do is decide where you want Classic to store the images that will automatically download into Classic when you enable syncing. The default location is on the local system drive in an obscure "Mobile Downloads.lrdata" folder/package, but you can change it to a folder of your own choosing via the Classic Preferences>Lightroom Sync tab. You can also choose to have them stored in a dated folder structure (rather than a single bucket), again the option to do that is on the same Preferences tab. As this is presumably a one-off activity, you may choose to leave the preferences as they are, then simply move the downloaded images into your preferred location via drag and drop in the Classic Folders Panel.

Once you've set things up the way you want them, enable Classic to sync and then wait for the download to complete. Once all the images are safely downloaded into Classic you might want to remove them from the cloud....you can do that via the All Synced Photographs special collection that will appear below All Photographs in Classic's Catalog panel. All the synced images appear in that collection, so if you want to delete them from the cloud simply select them all then right-click on any one and choose "Remove from All Synced Photographs". That will delete all the images from the cloud, and they will disappear from that special collection, but they are not deleted from Classic, you will still have them in the designated folders. Care: if you have been using the LrMobile app on your phone/tablet, you may have images captured on those devices already in the cloud, so they will also download into Classic when you enable syncing.....so be careful to decide if you want them to remain in the cloud, in which case you may need to ensure that they are NOT selected when doing that deletion via All Synced Photographs.

Of course, if I've misunderstood your issue come back and clarify it for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines