• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Constant licensing issues when changing location

Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Windows 11 laptop which I use on 3 locations: At home, at work and at my mountain cabin. In total I have Lightroom installed on 2 workstations: The laptop + my desktop computer (never have any issues with this one).

From laptop I also never have issues from home or at work. However, when I go to the mountain cabin with same laptop (using mobile broadband) it appears like Lightroom thinks I'm not licensed and/or that I am suddenly using a new device: I am asked to sign in, then I am asked to sign out one of the devices (despite the laptop I am on is one the devices listed). Then I restart Lightroom and always get an issue that Lightroom can't connect to the licensing server. Then I need to do a full reboot of computer, go through all the steps above again - and only then I'm able to start using Lightroom.

Any ideas what's causing this or how I can avoid these issues?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Since I hate it when I find threads with issues I am facing, and people haven't updated with a solution, I will give a bit more input before I forget. Although I still don't know if the problem is fixed permanently (will update thread if it isn't), and unfortunately I don't have all the steps.

I Contacted Adobe on their chat, explained the issue and the guy on support tried to connect to my computer remotely. Unfortunately Adobe's remote tools did not work, so we went through a time consuming cha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your mountain cabin very near a time-zone boundary?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, in the middle of Norway on a mobile broadband solution from Norway's largest ISP. So whatever adobe is picking up, there should be nothing abnormal with location, the IP-address, traffic etc.

I'll explain in details below

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you close to an international boundary?

When using a mobile hotspot to access the internet, especially in mountainous regions, it is possible for your device to acquire signals in alternate time zones/countries. If this happens often enough it may give the software the impression that your account has been compromised and being used by multiple entities in different locations. 

Is that possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I start LR, first get a login prompt, and successfully log in with email + password.

Next I get this. While trying to start Lightroom on the highlighted computer, which now says "last launched 6 hours ago" ?

paalbNO_0-1664228960468.png

I sign out highlighted computer

…then I get this error:

paalbNO_1-1664229038130.png

I quit Lightroom Classic, starts up again, same sh*t happens again and I keep ending up on “can’t verify your subscription status”.

Need to reboot my laptop, go through another sign-in with email/pw, do another sign-out of highlighted computer, then finally Lightroom starts.

Its....a.....really....annoying....hassle 😊

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I actually reach Adobe support? I check https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html, hit "what are my contact options" and Chat/Phone is greyed out. Forums is the only option, and no Adobe staff reply here - right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forums is the only option, and no Adobe staff reply here - right?

Rikk Flohr, the guy who replied to your first post, IS an Adobe Employee (as clearly stated beneath his name). But it's currently the middle of the night in the US at this time, so it might be a while before he gets to your follow-up posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
We have the same problem in our company since 2 weeks, when some users change computer, they have this error and are not able to login to the Adobe App...

Mario266960683zp9_0-1666352754270.pngMario266960683zp9_1-1666352771063.png

We also had the error on the Adobe Account side we need to release 1 device every time we want to use a new one.

Mario266960683zp9_3-1666352848541.png

Can somebody tell if there is a log file for the CCDA connection? I saw that there is a tool to collect the logs, but I wasn't able to find 1 useful log inside.
or did somebody found a solution about it ?
Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spent hours testing and searching forums, I still have no solution.

@Rikk Flohr: Photography Been close to a month since I first posted: Do you have any suggestions here, or contact details for someone in Adobe who can help me out? Any more info I can provide that can help you pinpoint what's causing my problems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've made a change on the backend on your account, @paalbNO. Try it for a week or two and let me know if the problem goes away. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Rikk, much appreciate the quick feedback 🙏 Might take a few weeks before I go to the mountain place again where the issues usually occur, but will report back as soon as I can. Meanwhile, thank you for your help and have a nice weekend

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk Flohr: Photography  Sorry to say, but whatever you did made it worse. Now I am getting the problem even without switching location: Log in to Lightroom from my laptop, I get the login prompt, log in with email & password then end up on the "can't verify your subscribtion" window. Keeps looping this way until I reboot my computer, then I get the login prompt again and I am successfully able to log in. 

I had to do this last night and worked in Lightroom, now it's 8 am the next day and I turn on laptop (after leaving it in sleep mode): When starting Lightroom I get the login prompt again, try to log in and once again I get the "can't verify your subscribtion" window. 

The only difference from the problem I was having at the cabin is that I haven't been asked to sign out any device. But I shouldn't be asked to log in all the time in the first place, and having to reboot constantly to successfully start Lightroom is difficult when I have a lot of other work open. So please advice on where to go from here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is unrelated. The change I made would not have affected your ability to log in. I suspect there was a different server-based issue. If it persists, I recommend contacting Adobe Customer Care https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the problem appears to be persistent: Earlier I would have this issue whenever I would use my mobile broadband connection, now it appears I have to log in, get the 'cannot reach servers' error & reboot every time I've put my laptop in sleep over night.

Uhm, so contact Adobe how? When I list contact alternatives for Lightroom in Norway this forum is the only option that isn't greyed out....

paalbNO_0-1666590746667.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk Flohr: Photography 

I can't believe how hard you guys have made it for paying customers to actually be able to reach you:

"What are the contact alternatives" on the URL you sent basically says the forum is my only option, regardless. Which I've attempted for a month now without any resolution. 

"Contact us - real help from real human beings" button in the bottom of the list routes me back to the same URL you sent. No phone number, email or chat visible anywhere. Can't even find a phone number while googling.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you see this on the Contact Options Page? 
If you change the language to English?

Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 8.16.59 AM.png
Clicking Start Now should open a Chat Window. 

A couple of more questions:

1.  Can you sign in at www.adobe.com?
  2. Can you sign in at https://lightroom.adobe.com ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk Flohr: Photography 

I've changed to english and the only contact option that isn't greyed out is still this forum (see screenshot below). If I'm supposed to call somewhere, could you please just post the number? Or ask if someone please can contact me (you see all my details on my Adobe account) so this won't have to drag out any longer?

Yes, I'm able to log in fine everywhere, including on both URLs you sent.

Regards,

Paal

paalbNO_0-1667760201226.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk Flohr: PhotographyFirst of all, my bad on the contact part: You asked me to hit the "start now" button to start a chat, which annoyingly just led me to the top of the page. However, this was caused by my adblocker 😊 Regardless, as CC I still want to add I think Adobe's strategy is horrible when it comes to contacting you guys. Even finding the "start now" button is quite difficult in between 100 other options (which all are automated). A company your size, making the amount of money you guys make, should at least have a phone number listed. What about senior citizens? 

I realize this is not your fault, just hoping you can pass my CC on to the correct department internally. I will post another short separate post about what I hope was the resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since I hate it when I find threads with issues I am facing, and people haven't updated with a solution, I will give a bit more input before I forget. Although I still don't know if the problem is fixed permanently (will update thread if it isn't), and unfortunately I don't have all the steps.

I Contacted Adobe on their chat, explained the issue and the guy on support tried to connect to my computer remotely. Unfortunately Adobe's remote tools did not work, so we went through a time consuming chat where I did performed the steps he asked me to:

• I killed all Adobe related Windows processes and services from task manager
  • Started certificate manager (personal) and deleted all the Adobe certificates I had listed
  • Started Credential manager in Windows and deleted a lightroom credential + another Adobe credential I had stored
  • Went to the following folders and renamed several Adobe folders to .old: program files(x86)\Adobe, programdata\Adobe & <userprofile>\appdata\local\adobe + localrow\adobe. Unfortunately I don't have the exact folders here, since I did not get a transcript of the chat.
  • Tried starting creative cloud again, did not work (just spinning on loading). Did a repair of creative cloud and it loaded fine
  • Started lightroom, which also opened just fine without a login prompt

If you are having the same problems, and find this thread, I'd recommend trying the first steps in credential manager + certificate manager, then uninstalling both Lightroom & Creative cloud desktop, then reinstalling both (which should take care of fixing the files, since I don't have the exact folders I renamed).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines