Exit

Contacting Support about inability to edit offline

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have two questions 

one for mods and one for gen community 

1. why can't I not get live support? Contact options are forum or the useless bot with three choices. Please confirm that I am stupid or mistaken. 

2. Why can I not edit offline ? This is ridiculous tho have this message constantly in the way? Also the sliders do not work. Please confirm that I am stupid as this is ridiculous

image.jpg

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There are several ways to get the Support, see https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

If you use Online Tools they need Online Access. Apps like Photoshop or Illustrator also work localy without a permanent internet connection.

Hope that helps.

regards,
Henrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use a browser that allows popups and cookies and contact adobe support by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

p.s you can also use phone (but chat is usually quicker), https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

p.p.s. you can also use twitter to tweet @AdobeCare

p.p.p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2. This is the whole point of Lightroom. It is a cloud based editor with images and library in the cloud. You can only work offline on images that have been downloaded so they are cached in the app. If they are not locally on your device or computer, there is nothing to edit. You can do this by marking an album of images to download locally. Just right (or control) click on the album and say "store album locally"

If you are generally editing on one machine and mostly offline you really should use Lightroom Classic. That is built around local storage of images and a local catalog instead of a cloud one. You can still sync with the cloud from it, but it will only sync those images you want synced. Lightroom Desktop in contrast syncs and stores everything in the cloud as its main storage so it really relies on regular internet connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so a question was if I was stupid. The answer is apparent 😅. Web based lr and lr cc is the storage pc based version. Many thanks for the explanation. I'll crawl back into my hole 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@8EYZ 

it's not clear you understand the previous posts.  lightroom and lightroom cc are the same.

lightroom classic is the non-cloud based lightroom app.  maybe that would better suit your needs.

(or maybe lightroom cc was just a typo and you do understand.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote2. Why can I not edit offline ? This is ridiculous tho have this message constantly in the way? Also the sliders do not work. Please confirm that I am stupid as this is ridiculous

You can't edit offline if you don't have a locally stored smart preview or original file. That message only pops up when you attempt to open an image into the Display mode when you don't have a local preview of sufficient quality available, and the cloud-based original is not accessible because the device is offline. Perfectly logical, not ridiculous. If you want to work offline then you have to prepare in advance by downloading either smart previews or originals of the images you wish to work on while offline. There are preference settings in both the Lightroom Desktop and Lightroom Mobile apps to allow you to do that. I have smart previews of my entire library downloaded locally on all my devices (desktop, iPhone, iPad) so wherever I am I can work offline if I need to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines