Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting from LR to LR Classic

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm trying to convert from LR to LR Classic, but can't find the LR catalog in order to convert it and get all of my edits. I don't need to transfer the files off of the LR server as they were setup on my computer already. Any options?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

You can't "convert" the LR catalog in order to get it into LrClassic. What you can do is turn on syncing in the LrClassic catalog, and a copy of ALL images that have been stored in the cloud will be downloaded into that Classic catalog (which include all the edits apart from keywords and location data). Before doing that, however, visit the LrClassic Preferences>Lightroom Sync tab where you can specify the location for those downloaded images (and you can even select one of the date-based folder

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't "convert" the LR catalog in order to get it into LrClassic. What you can do is turn on syncing in the LrClassic catalog, and a copy of ALL images that have been stored in the cloud will be downloaded into that Classic catalog (which include all the edits apart from keywords and location data). Before doing that, however, visit the LrClassic Preferences>Lightroom Sync tab where you can specify the location for those downloaded images (and you can even select one of the date-based folder structures). If you elect not to change the location, the default will be an obscure location in the Pictures folder on your system drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jim,

Thank you for the clarification. I was beginning to guess this was the answer. It is amusing that Adobe provides a single click conversion for going to Lightroom (which they can then charge storage fees), while providing a minimal and complex approach to converting to Classic. Clearly a business decision, not a customer-oriented one.

jr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines