• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy shared photos to own library

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A friend shared an album, I can edit and export, etc.

I would like to add some of these photos to my personal library/album, but that option is greayed out. So the only way I see of doing this now is to export first, then re-import, requiring a round-trip to my PC. Am I missing a better method in LR to just do this in the cloud?

TOPICS
Web , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only the owner of the shared album can copy contributed images into their other albums. If the intention here was for your friend to contribute photos to you, the way to do it is for YOU to create an album which you then share with your friend. Provided the album settings include the "Can Contribute" option, any images which your friend then adds to that album will be available for you to do with as you will. So you could then copy them into any of your other albums, shared or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jim, either way, if we want to manage in our own albums reupload/two uploads are required, but I can deal with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines