• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Correct current names for Lightroom

Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can somebody please confirm the current (July 2021) correct names for the three principal Lightroom products. I keep coming across CC being added in postings on the internet and on occasion suggestions that this is no longer relevant.

The three versions I am refering to are -

1) the old desktop version which I understand now to be Lightroom Classic. But should it have CC added or is that out of date?

2) the cloud based version, simply Lightroom. Or should that have CC added or out of date?

3) the mobile version - Lightroom or Lightroom Mobile?

I would appreciate clarification on this.

Thank you

John

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

"I think" CC was part of the name when Adobe first adopted the creative cloud concept. But it has been dropped from all product names now. There is Lightroom Classic for the "traditional" Lightroom that stores images locally and utilizes a local catalog. And there is Lightroom that stores images in the cloud and, optionally, will store a backup on your local computer. There is also Lightroom Mobile for the mobile version. A lot of people still use the CC designation, and it can become confusing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I think" CC was part of the name when Adobe first adopted the creative cloud concept. But it has been dropped from all product names now. There is Lightroom Classic for the "traditional" Lightroom that stores images locally and utilizes a local catalog. And there is Lightroom that stores images in the cloud and, optionally, will store a backup on your local computer. There is also Lightroom Mobile for the mobile version. A lot of people still use the CC designation, and it can become confusing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your reply.

That was what I thought but because there is so much confusion out there I couldn't be certain. 

Regards

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines