• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Correction Profile: Canon RF 24-105mm f/4-7.1 doesn't appear

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. I am using a Canon RF 24-105mm f/4-7.1 lens attached to a Canon EOS RP. At 24mm, this lens suffers from terrible vignetting and distortion. When I go into Lightroom CC, the lens profile does not appear under "Enable Lens Corrections" for all my RAW files (CR3s) except one. This tells me that Lightroom CC supports the lens, but for some reason very inconsistently. What explains the fact that it shows up for one of my RAW files but not the others? 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add that, for the RAW files that it does not show up for, only Canon EF lens profiles are listed in the dropdown under "Enable Lens Corrections." 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If only EF lens profiles are showing, it sounds very much as though you're actually processing a Jpeg files, not a Raw file. The vast majority of lens profiles made by Adobe are specific to Raw files, so if using a Jpeg only the very few profiles made for Jpegs will appear in the list. For Canon there are only about 15 lens profiles presented (mostly for EF lenses) when using a Jpeg. 

So, can you re-check the file-type of the images that you are working with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines