• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Correctly exposed RAW photos become excessively dark when viewed in Lightroom or Photoshop

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2024 Apr 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I have a Sony A7-S3 camera and a 24-70 GM 1 lens. I did not encounter any problems with the nearly 30,000 photos I previously took with the Fujifilm X-H2 camera and edited in Lightroom and Photoshop applications. However, I have been switching to my new camera Sony for 2 weeks now and I am having an interesting problem when correcting RAW photos. When I upload my photos to Lightroom or Photoshop they are extremely dark. It only does this when in RAW, JPEG is fine. I'm sure I didn't make any mistakes in exposure, I'm a professional photographer. At the same time, there is no problem with the camera because when I open it in other applications, the exposure and photo are correct; like on camera. But when I opened them in Adobe they were ruined. I am having an incredibly big problem.

When I researched on the internet, I saw that switching to sRGB mode with color management worked, but it did not work for me. I deleted the apps and reinstalled them, nothing changed. My computer and graphics card are up to date. I have a new Monster computer with i7, RTX 4060 8 gb and 32 gb ram. I also edited photos I took with other cameras on this computer without any problems. I need help!

I left a photo below as an example. One is what I saw in Lightroom and the other is the original photo.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See if: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/sony-a7iii-raw-much-darker-in-develop-m... is applicable to you. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines