• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Corrupt SD memory card after importing photos to Lightroom for iPad

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I attach a camera device with SD card, in this case a Pentax K5IIs running v1.07 (latest) firmware, to my 2018 12.9" iPad pro (3rd generation) runing iPad OS 13.6.1, I am able to import photos with either the camera plugged into the iPad via USB, or with the SD card removed from the camera and inserted into an SD card reader with USB C adaptor, but in either case when I turn the camera on later and try to view the photos, the camera reports that the card is not formated. In some instances when I later insert the SD card into the card reader I can view the photos using the Files app on the iPad (or on my desktop Mac), and in some cases I cannot. I follow all the proper steps of turning the camera off before removing card, and waiting for LR pop-up indicating "ok to remove device" etc. This problem happens on 2 separate SanDisk SD XC SD cards. Dos this happen to anyone else? How do I avoid corrupting these memory cards? This does not happen when importing photos to LR on my desktop Mac.

Thank you,

Bill McBride

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This happened to me recently when transferring files from my SanDisk SD file to Premiere Elements. Card cannot be formatted on my laptop and is no longer visible on my camera.... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines