• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CR3 images in Lightroom mobile app not getting recognized while importing.

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last time i traveled, i export all my photos on my phone to edit (cr3 files) and it worked. I exported all the files in my "download" folder on my phone and when i went to lightroom, the files pop up in the Device Files and i could export them and edit them. But now,  when i go in the Device Files section, i can't see any cr3 files even if they are in my download file. I tried to move the files to other files, but it doesn't work. I tried with standart dng files instead of cr3 and it worked. It really looks like lightroom mobile isn't able anymore to detect cr3 files. Any help please, i really want to edits those stars pictures i took yesterday.

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that CR3 images in Lightroom mobile app is not getting recognized while importing. 

This is a known issue and our engineers are looking into it.

Use the Add to Lr option

• Open the photo in your Android device or long-press the photo from within your photo gallery. Tap the Share icon and select Add to Lr from the Share to Apps options. Your photo will be imported to Lightroom.
  • In case you're unable to find the Add to Lr option, use the Files app to locate your photo and then navigate to Add to Lr using the procedure mentioned above. If you do not have the Files app, download Files by Google.

Use PTP mode

• Directly connect your DSLR or camera to your Android device and import the raw files. For more details, see Add or import photos and videos from a Camera connected in PTP mode.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Akash, 

Even I tried all these options, still doesn't work. I could do the pics trf easily till last week. It's really annoying that all of a sudden Lr stopped working. I have many files to edit and it's really urgent for me. Plz look into it and help us.

Early revert is appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

An update as of 1/6/2023, 

Using Solid Explorer, and a  USB-C OTG Card reader have proven useless. As you've all stated the issue isn't finding the files at this point; Lightroom won't let me upload the CR3's to edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here,

CR3 are not shown in the "import files" screen. Also they can't be added any other way. But for some reason everything works as it should with CR2 files. Hope this can be fixed quickly.

Edit: Using the files app works, but it's a just a workaround in my opinion.

Edit 2: For everyone else struggling, you have to use the "Files" app from google from the play store. Neither of the file managers that was preinstalled, nor any i downloaded from the store had the option to share the CR3 file with lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that you're still facing this issues even with the workaround. 

Since this is a known issue and our engineers are looking into it, I will share your feedback with them.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried everything you recommended me, but it doesn't work. I hope this problem will be resolved soon, because i have a lot of photos to edit when it will be alright.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

April of 2021 and still having this problem. Android 11 s10+. Cannot get lightroom to recognize .cr3 files. The workaround doesn't help either because lightroom is not listed as an option when I try to share the file, even when using the Google Files app.

Frustrating that this was working completely fine until now. Not sure what happened.

Please look into this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have the issue with the latest LR on the latest Android 11 on a Samsung tablet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This only happens when copying the CR3 files from the SD card to the tablet. Connecting the camera directly to the tablet with an USB cable indeed fixes the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nov 8/21 I am having this issue - can see the photos on my phone through the app but not on my compuer on an updated version of Lightroom - VERY frustrating as this camera - Canon RP has been out for 2 years... shows as a supported camera!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines