• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crashing and Not Saving

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Lightroom last night and edited a photo today.  When I go to export it, it crashes.  I have reinstalled the program repeatedly and it happens over and over.  I have a brand new ThinkPad laptop with huge amount of storage space.  I don't know what the issue is.  Please advise.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please go to Help>System Info… and get us the exact installed version number of your software. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  Here it is:

Lightroom version: 4.4 x64 [ 20210805-0652-b84a95f ] (Aug 5 2021)
NGL Version: 1.25.0.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, sorry - I uninstalled that version and downloaded the classic instead.  I am not having this problem now.  I am missing the effects brushes though - do you know where I can get the ones please for eye whitening, iris enhancement, warm skin, etc? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Effects Brushes in Classic are found in the Local Adjustment Brush (tools). 

Click the Effect: Setting pulldown in the Local Adjustment Panel and they should appear in the list. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - but I'm seeing the specific ones as mentioned (eye whitening, iris enhancement, warm skin, etc).  I had those on my old laptop that crashed.  When I'm in classic now, I go to the right side and see a brush, I click it and then I see general choices (which are pretty much the same ones I see in the Edit panel - exposure, etc).  Is it possible to download them from elsewhere in Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot of your Panel showing them missing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry but I don't have a screenshot - they were on my old laptop's LR progam, but the laptop crashed.  😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am asking for a screenshot from your new computer - not the old computer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Rikk.  I was able to find the brushes online and purchased them.  However, just like some of my past pre-sets that I tried to import earlier, I get this error message shown in this screenshot.  I cannot get these imported to use. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brush presets are not the same as Presets and Profiles and are not installed the same way.

How To Install Lightroom Brushes
  1. Open Lightroom & Navigate to Preferences. ...
  2. Click on the Presets Tab. ...
  3. Click on "Show All Other Lightroom Presets" Button. ...
  4. Open the Lightroom Folder. ...
  5. Open the Local Adjustment Presets Folder. ...
  6. Copy Brushes to the Local Adjustment Presets Folder. ...
  7. Restart Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, yes - those are their directions too on how to import.  However, when I go to "preferences," I get a box that offers options other than a presets tab.  Here are what the boxes show; the account box just has my name and email (which I did not screenshot for privacy). 

I found a presets tab on the right side of the screen - sharing a screenshot of that too.  (However, I know brushes are different from presets so that's not the right place... and there is no button that says  "Show All Other Lightroom Presets.")

I'm at a loss... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screenshots indicate you are not using Lightroom Classic but rather Lightroom Desktop.  Earlier you've said you uninstalled this version and installed Lightroom Classic. "Actually, sorry - I uninstalled that version and downloaded the classic instead. "

Lightroom Desktop does not support Brush Presets yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It downloaded both - LR and LRC.  Thank you for pointing this out.  I did not realize I had LR open.  Thank you for shedding light on this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines