Exit

December update and ProRAW

Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to: 

https://blog.adobe.com/en/2020/12/08/december-photography-updates.html

" – ProRAW format support: You’ll be able to import and edit images taken in the Apple ProRAW format in the December updates to Camera Raw, Lightroom Classic, or Lightroom (desktop, iOS, Android,"

I can't figuge out how. When I import from cameral roll, I only get JPEG. I can see photos taken with Halide (only if they have embedded JPEG disabled) as DNG, but any ProRAW taken with Apples camera will only let me import the JPEG preview. If I export from Photos to Files, I get JPEG. If I export RAW only from Halide to Files, I can import the DNG into Lightroom. But there does not seem to be a direct way to get tehre, nor a way to get thre from images taken with the inbuilt Apple camera app. 

Am I missing something?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add, how could I tell if the RAW from Halide are ProRAW or Halide RAW?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did confirm I was on the current iOS verions 6.1.0. As a test, I deleted the app from my iPhone and reinstalled it. Still nothing. Until Itook a new ProRAW shot. 

Now it sees ProRAW as DNGs. So, there is something about updating that is broken and something about not being able to see back past it's install date in camera roll (also, I'd consider that broken) 

So, if you are unable to import ProRAW, delete and resinstall Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines