• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Defautl LR Sort Order for filters should be a preference setting

Participant ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When returning results of a filtered search in LR Desktop, it's default sort order is "Relevancy." Unfortunately, it doesn't actually return the most relevant results first, so it's pretty useless. In fact, it causes similar photos to be scattered throughout the results so that, as I scroll through, I see the same photo -- or something very close to it -- over and over again.

I prefer to keep all photos from a particular shoot grouped together, so I always have to click on the sort order button and change it to "Capture Date." I'd like to see Adobe make a change that allows me to set my default sort order in preferences or, at least, remember the search order I used last.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You confused me a bit when you referred to "filtered search", as that really means using the Filter Bar....the results of which do seem to be in whatever order was previously set (Capture Date being the default). "Relevancy" isn't an option when using either the Filter Bar or the Facteted search, as it is only used for the AI search, which makes sense. But I have no idea how it decides the progression of the relevancy.

If you want a change as per your second paragraph, I suggest you make it at the official Adobe feedback site: https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-desktop-cloudbased/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40874

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jim, you're correct that I was talking about the AI search. Sorting by "Relevancy" does seem to make sense except that whatever rules Adobe is using to determine relevancy are flawed. I'll post a feature request. Thanks for the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines