• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Deleted photos not removed or deleted

Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working in desktop app on a Mac.  When I delete a photo it grates it out but does not remove it. If I close Lightroom and reopen that photo is still there (not grayed out anymore). I have restarted Lightroom and my computer but it's still happening. 

TOPICS
iPadOS , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Lightroom are you using, Lightroom or Lightroom Classic. Are you deleting a photo from the library or from an Album/Collection? If you aren't sure how to answer these questions, post a screen capture of what you are trying to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Lightroom but not sure about the other. See screenshot attached and the 4 pics I deleted that are now grayed out but don't actually delete. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're you able to resolve this? I have the same issue and it's very frustrating!! While they're grayed out I can't delete them and it makes going through the photos very difficult

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. The only thing I could gather was that it happened when I had a lot
of files I had just uploaded. Wasn't sure if it was taking time to sync or
what exactly was causing the issue. If I walk away and let the computer
have more time to process after uploading I don't have this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you manage to resolve this as I can't work out how to delete these photos as now I've got thousands in there! SO frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Some of the deleted photo's are deleted but some were not " processed" bofere I shut down the computer and are now forever showing as greyed out photo's wich I can't delete. Any update on the status?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you did not actually delete these images, but only flagged them as 'Rejected' (keyboard shortcut 'X').

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having this issue!! Frustrating 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just fixed this by logging out of CC then logging back in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly the kind of stuff why I hate Adobe and its dominance on the market.
I lost about an hour of work just because of this. Grayed out, syncing doesn't do anything, no options whatsoever. Restart, all the deletes are back. Rrrrr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue on my iPad needing to clear space but getting no where

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same problem. Seems like Lightroom does not handle file deletions very well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just managed to sort my issue by logging out of Lightroom and then logging back in. Give it a go 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Summer, but has the problem come back or its a fix that has lasted more than just closing and re opening the app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems there is an issue between the syncing and the speed in which you delete photos. If I am working at a good speed deleting any unwanted photos, it is like the Creative Cloud (CC) can't keep up. I found if I turn off my wi-fi while working in LR I don't have the issue, and the phtotos I eneded up keeping just sync back to CC when I re-connect to the internet. It's stupid, espcially if you're like me and you like to multi-task and stream music in the background. I just bust out my old Walkman, and I'm good to go. But as for right now, this is the best "get-around" I have found to the deleting photo issue. Hope it helps everyone. 

ADOBE!! You need to get your Poo together! I know you guys are all focused on your new AI stuff, but sometimes it's the little things that matters. Like deleting a photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've just started experiencing this as well!! Has a fix been found? People keep saying I'm rejecting my photos but I check these greyed out glitched photos and they're not rejected. If I relaunch Lightroom they instantly undelete themselves which undoes hours of my time culling photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2023 Jun 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have been dealing with this same issue for months. Its very frustrating to try to sort through files. What I do is lower the exposure of an image I wanted to delete entirely which makes the image almost completely black. This way I know the difference between the images I plan to keep and edit, and the images I plan to delete. I then go back and delete all the images that appear black. If I see Lightroom stops deleting the blacked out images, I close out lightroom and open it back up to attempt again. It causes double the work but also assures I KNOW which files I wanted deleted. This glitch sucks and has been happening for months. Time to fix it Adobe !!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2023 Jun 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greeting all,

For those of you who are still experiencing this issue we would like to gather some information to help us diagnose where the problem may lie.

Can you:

1.  Update to Lightroom Desktop 6.4, released on June 12, 2023
  2.  Restart your computer
  3.  Attempt to delete a file following the method you've seen fail previously

If you get a failure, we'd like to collect a diagnostic log from you.

For LrDesktop

1. Go to Preferences
  2. Account Section
  3. Hold down the [Opt/Alt] key to make [Diagnostic Log] button appear.

Additionally, it would be helpful if you could make a screen recording showing the failure from Lightroom Desktop Application launch  until the files show as no-longer-deleted. 

Thank you for your patience and your assistance.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2023 Jun 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still a problem!  Who do I email the info to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How large is the file?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines