• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting from storage individual pics from panarama

New Here ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently begun shooting large panos comprised of many images and my storage is quickly ballooning.

After merging them into the pano using LR 2022 cc, and assuming I will have no further use for the individual images, can they be fully deleted?

In my library, I can easily identify/locate the panos, and each one has an indicator showing how many pics in that pano. Is there an easy way to locate those images for deletion?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@bill6C15 wrote:

After merging them into the pano using LR 2022 cc, and assuming I will have no further use for the individual images, can they be fully deleted?

Sure. It won’t affect the finished panoramas.

However, if the panorama feature improves in the future and you decide you’d like to regenerate the panorama with the improvements, the individual images will be required. I recently re-did some panoramas that were originally made a few years ago because the old ones had slight misalignments, and when I regenerated them in a recent version they were perfect, so I assumed Adobe had improved the merge code. If you consider your panoramas “done” so you’ll never want to redo them from the individual images, you can delete those images.

@bill6C15 wrote:

In my library, I can easily identify/locate the panos, and each one has an indicator showing how many pics in that pano. Is there an easy way to locate those images for deletion?

If you are seeing a number in a square in the corner, that is not on the panorama itself. It marks an image stack (Edit > Stacks), which is like a group. The stack, including the panorama and its individual images, was created at the same time as the panorama. If you click the number in the corner, that reveals the individual images of the stack at the bottom of the window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's always your choice to go ahead and delete images that you think you no longer need. I just upgraded to a new computer and decided to go back and redo a 24 image panorama from four years ago. I wanted to compare computer performance as well as improvements in Lightroom performance. In my opinion, it's better to invest in some additional hard drive space and retain all those images. Lightroom improves, computer technology improves, and personal computer skills improve. I'm glad I still had those images because it was fun to work with them again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines