• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting photos from Lightroom mobile

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a free Lightroom account on my phone. It's taking up 74gb of storage on my phone. I'd like to delete all the photos from it but I'm scared it will also delete the original photo from my camera roll. 

when I select all and go to delete it says "are you sure you want to delete these photos from your Lightroom photos and albums". What does "albums" mean in this instance? My phone albums or the albums in Lightroom? 

Also will it also delete my uploaded presets?

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will not delete photos from your Camera Roll and it refers to Albums you have created in Lightroom, not in the native Photos app.

If you delete the photos, it will not delete the Presets BUT unless you have exported the photos you have edited in Lightroom, you will no longer have access to these edits.

Do you require the Photos and Edits in Lightroom to be backed up? Being as once they are deleted, they are gone (apart from exported photos and from any of the original photos in the Camera Roll). 

Photos taken with the in app Lightroom Camera would also be deleted if you have not exported them.

The Lightroom App and the Camera Roll do not sync, Lightroom only imports from it, if you have set it to.

I would make sure you have a back up of the Camera Roll photos, but assume you use iCloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you,
Ok so just to confirm as I’m very nervous about deleting originals. I have 23000 photos in Lightroom (pulled in from my phone camera roll). The storage on my phone says that Lightroom is using almost the same amount of space as my camera roll (42gb).

My photos are not currently backed up. Part of the reason I’m trying to clear my storage load is so the backup will work as it’s currently failing (I think due to storage issues).

I have also just paid for Lightroom on my phone so hopefully in future it uses the cloud rather then storage on my phone.

So yeah double checking if I delete from Lightroom originals in camera roll won’t be lost too?

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So yeah double checking if I delete from Lightroom originals in camera roll won’t be lost too?

Yes, that is confirmed.....deleting images from Lightroom does not delete any images from the Camera Roll.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much 🙂

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2023 Mar 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, i have had this recently. My whole gallery is empty, camera roll,watsapp downlwads, image files folder all empty. Everything is lost after deleting the images on LR. I have gone into the deleted folder and  only restored a handfull but everyhing else i had was wiped 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without trying to confuse things too much, do you wish to have the photos currently in Lightroom on your phone synced to the Cloud? Or are these finished with and surplus to requirements?

If you want them in the Cloud, now you have purchased a plan, you'll need to let them sync. 

In this use case, you would want to not delete from Lightroom, and these full res files will be replaced with proxies locally once synced.

I seem to remember there may be an issue with existing photos when going from free to paid account, but cannot recall. 

Maybe Jim can?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines