• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting photos in Lightroom

Participant ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if there's a way to *delete* photos in Lightroom (Cloud). I used to use Bridge, so it was easy to select photos I didn't want and simply delete them. With LR I can't seem to find anything that works. The best I can do is "Delete # Photos..." which then says they'll be removed from the albulm/folder and be fully deleted in 60 days? I'm trying to save up space on my computer so don't want to wait that long. Is there a folder I can go to now and just get rid of them?
I've already edited the ones I don't want, but it's a hassle to select the ones I don't want for deletion.

Any tips? 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to the Deleted 'Album' you can permanently delete immediately.

Also, if you imported the photos from your Hard Disc, once safely synced to the Cloud they can be deleted from the HD.

You may also want to consider setting the photo cache in Preferences/Local Storage to a lower percentage, to reduce the size of the local catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure how to do that. I get this message when I "delete 3 photos".

I'm trying to delete these photos from my albulm AND local drive. Trying to free up storage space, so I want to delete them immediately.

Thanks.

Screenshot 2021-10-31 175720.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I took a look through but couldn't find the information aligning with what I have. I'm using Lightroom version 5.0.

The UI in the information is different than what I have...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines