• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DNG Converter not 'seeing' my camera's NEF files

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I connect my D500 via USB and open DNG converter. I open the file browser to choose the file folder on my camera (XQD card) and it shows 'No Images Have Been Selected'. I have to transfer the pictures to my desktop then run that through them through the converter.

Am I not setting up DNG converter right? Having to download 1k photos to just run them through the Converter takes a while. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe DNG Converter supports photo ingestion. Best you copy the files from the camera/memory card to your computer disk drive/SSD, then use DNG Converter to convert the files to DNG format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Ian Lyons  (and others FYI) The DNG Converter can indeed support photo ingestion (in my experience)

Preferably use a USB Card Reader, and not connecting camera directly.

1) Select the FOLDER to convert  (DO NOT SELECT the individual images!!!!) as you see it in a File Browser (Win-File Explorer / Mac Finder)

ie. just highlight the FOLDER of camera files as in my Nikon example {102ND750}

ScreenShot016.jpg

2) Select the location to Save the converted images-

In my clip I have chosen a folder {Converted Files} on my desktop. It would be better to choose the final storage location where you store ALL your photo files! eg. {My Pictures}, etc.

ScreenShot018.jpg

3) Convert. Give the Converter enough time! You can watch as the 'Status' changes to "converted"

ScreenShot019.jpg

And your DNG files will be found in the destination location.

ScreenShot020.jpg

And here is another hint for Lightroom-CLASSIC users:  You could Set the destination location for the DNGs to an "AUTO IMPORT" folder so as they will be automatically Imported to the LrC Catalog (but in the Auto-Import 'Destination' folder set for Auto-Import.)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines