Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DNG-Export

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo,

gibt es eine Möglichkeit, in Lightroom beim Export einer RAW-Datei in eine DNG-Datei die bereits gemachten Bearbeitungsschritte mit zu exportieren ?

Ich habe es bisher nicht geschafft, die DNG-Datei sieht genauso aus wie die unbearbeitete RAW-Datei

1. Danke vorab 🤗
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Is there a way to export the editing steps you have already done in Lightroom when exporting a RAW file to a DNG file?"

Editing STEPS?  No!.  Only the final state of the editing is embedded in the exported DNG file.

My example to illustrate this-

1) Import a raw (NEF) image file to Lightroom

2) Edit the image in Lightroom to convert it from color to B&W

3) Export the image as a DNG (raw) file.

I now see both the NEF and the DNG in my folder-

2022-11-06 09_10_19-Desktop.jpg

4) Import both files into Lightroom-Classic and the images show as-

2022-11-06 09_09_57-Lightroom Catalog-v12 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.jpg

The DNG file in Lightroom-CLassic does not show 'History'. ie. no edit "Steps".

2022-11-06 09_16_15-Lightroom Catalog-v12 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Develop.jpg

This method to Export as DNG is the accepted method to create and distribute PRESETS (the edited state) to other mobile devices. Step#4 in this link-  DNG presets in Lightroom mobile 

Edit:  In file viewers that cannot read the editing metadata, the two images WILL look the same. All Adobe Apps will show the different edit.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines