• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DNG photos taken with Lightroom camera always show overexposure

New Here ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DNG photos taken with Lightroom camera always show overexposure and need to be taken with exposure compensation of -0.5ev to be normal, or with exposure reduced by 0.5 stops in post, why is this?

My email: {Email redacted}

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This started happening around the time iPhone X or iPhone Xs was introduce, when the camera sensor became larger.  I asked a developer why this happens, and his answer was that Lightroom's in-app camera is simply asking the device for a raw image.  What the sensor provides the LR app has a lot more raw image data than previous devices, and this requires image processing to get to the similar appearance as a processed JPG.  The reason the LR Camera Viewfinder does not look as overexposed is that Apple designed the video feed in the viewfinder to be heavily processed and appear more like JPG.

In short, you are correct that using exposure compensation in the LR camera, or manually editing exposure for each image later is often necessary.  I find that the LR Camera HDR mode makes images that require less exposure adjustment later.  I hope this info helps you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2023 May 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DNG photos taken with Lightroom camera always show overexposure and need to be taken with exposure compensation of -0.5ev to be normal, or with exposure reduced by 0.5 stops in post, why is this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines