• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does deleting an image from cloud delete 'specified location' copy?

New Here ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I use the "store a copy of all originals at the specified location" (set to external SSD) feature in Lightroom, and then I delete a photo from my Lightroom (cloud), will it also delete the copy stored at the specified location (assuming the SSD is plugged in and available)?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not until the deleted item is removed from the special "Deleted" album. Any images deleted from Lightroom and placed in that "Deleted" album will remain there for up to 60 days (giving you the time to reconsider ot undo a deletion made in error), so the locally stored copy reflects that. You can manually "permanently delete" images from the Deleted album and that will trigger the deletion of the local copy, otherwise the local copy will be automatically deleted at the end of that 60-day period.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines