• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Double storage space on LR

Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm fairly new to Adobe. I have all of my photos (business & personal) stored on a portable HD that sync to Creative Cloud. I would like to keep my personal photos in CC but also import my personal photos to LR so I can edit them on my iPad while traveling. How can I do this so I don't double my storage? 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give more details on what kind of Adobe plan you have at the moment and the amount of Cloud Storage you have?

The Creative Cloud file storage and Lightroom's Cloud Storage are separate from each other but still take up space from the one quota.

Therefore as you say, the space would double and one option would be to remove them from the folder syncing to Creative Cloud and import them into to Lightroom and use that as your resting place for them.

If you don't want to or need to store the full resolution originals in the Cloud then one  option may be to use Lightroom Classic with the photos in the synced Creative Cloud folder, creating Collections of photos and syncing lower res Smart Previews to the Cloud that do not use storage quota. However, I have never read of any occasions where this workflow (the CC folder and Lr Classic) has been used, so it's best to get more advice on that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I have the 20GB plan with Adobe. I I don’t think I need to store the full resolution images in both places. However, if I only have smart previews from Lightroom, will I still be able to edit across devices edit save the edits?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you only have the 20GB plan what you want to do is to import your images into Lightroom Classic. Then just add the images you want to see and edit on your iPad to sync to the cloud. Classic will sync just smart previews to the cloud but those are fully editable on your iPad. SMart previews do not count agaiinst the 20GB limit. If you want full resolution versions of some images in the cloud, what you do is open up Lightroom Desktop (the cloudy version) and you will see all your images that are synced there too. Then just import the raw files of those images you want in full resolution and it will upload those raw files and automatically link them with the already exiisting smart preview. Lightroom Cloudy by default does not keep fiiles on your local harddisk. It only keeps those files it immediately needs and uses the cloud for its main storage. If you then do not want to the full raw in the cloud anymore, Go into classic and unsync the file from the cloud (remove it from the special all synced photographs collection) and then resync it and now you will only have a smart preview in the cloud again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much! This was very helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines