• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download from Lightroom mobile?

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder how I can download my photos from my Creative Cloud. I have a lot of pictures uploaded via Lightroom mobile to Creative Cloud, where I easily can see all my folders and files in the app. But how to download all these folders and files to an external hard drive? There is no drag and drop possibility? What to do....?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's an option in Lightroom (the desktop app) to store a copy of all your original cloud-based files to your local hard drive (see the Preferences>Local Storage tab). Note, however, that's a copy of the original files, so would not include any edits that you may have applied. As such, they are pretty useless if you are thinking about using them in another app on your desktop. If you can explain why you want them downloaded we might be able to advise on the best way to achieve that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, this sounds a bit tricky... The problem is that I have one synced catalog with about 15000 pictures - all stored in Creative Cloud. The I have another catalog, locally stored on a hard drive with more pictures. I want to have all my files stored on a hard drive and not in two different places. And my harddrive catalog isn't possible to open in Lightroom mobile either. So I kind of messed it up, and want to have all files stored in one place

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you clarify things a bit more?

1. You're using Lr Classic, with two discrete catalogs, yes?

2. The 15000 pictures on the cloud, how did they get there, i.e. did you sync them from Classic (in which case they only exist in the c loud as smart previews, not originals), or did you import them directly into one of the "cloud" apps (such as Lightroom on the desktop, or LrMobile)? Or a mix of both?

Understand that if one of the Classic catalogs is synced with the cloud, all the images in the cloud will also exist on your local hard drive under the control of Lr Classic. So you should already have all your images "stored in one place", the problem is that they are not accessible/controlled from a single point. What, therefore, are you wanting to achieve over and above what you already have? If you answer is to have all your images available on your mobile devices, that can't be achieved as long as you have them in two separate LrClassic catalogs. The solution is either to migrate completely from Classic to the cloud, or merge the two catalogs into one (i.e. into the currently synced catalog) and continue to use Classic on the desktop and sync the images (as smart previews) to the cloud.

If you are wanting something different, please explain further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All my files in the cloud were uploaded via Lightroom mobile, and they are only in the cloud. So do I get them down from there? That's the question

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Answer Jim's questions. If you use Lightroom Classic and have a synced catalog, then these images are not only in the cloud. Lightroom Classic downloads all cloud images if you sync its catalog.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I explained: I used Lightroom mobile, and that´s why they are not stored locally. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's not true. All images from Lightroom Mobile are always downloaded by Lightroom Classic if you have synced the Lightroom Classic catalog. So answer the questions if you want help.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines