• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download of albums from Lightroom web fails

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sharing some albums from Lightroom CC. Version is 4.3. I have enabled download for the albums, so that the receivers can download all images as a zip file. When someone tries to download however, the zip file is often corrupt. I have been able to recreate this error myself. There is a .PART-file created with the same name as the zip file. In the unsuccesful attempt there is a zip-file of 0 kB created alongside the PART-file, while in the successful attempt there is only a zip-file at the end.

The album I recreated was as small as 48 images, mostly raw files from a Nikon camera, some with edits. The complete size of the resulting zip was around 250 MB.

Is this a common thing? If so sorry for reposting. Are there any recommendations to get around this error? I tried to Google and also browse this community, but was not able to. Is there for example a limit in the number of images in a shared album?

TOPICS
Web

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Hi, 
The Lightroom web engineering team have just posted a fix for this issue. Could you please refresh your browser and retry? Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Best regards,
Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, reply to myself, seems like I'm the only one with this problem.

So here is a screenshot from explorer and from the download dialog in Firefox. The album is called Davinde All. Misslyckad is Swedish for failed.

What should I do to be able to download all pictures from an album?

First pressing Hämta foton (Download pictures) below after pressing the three dots:

davinde all 3.png

The two files in Windows Explorer, one empty zip file and the PART-file:

davinde all 1.png

The Misslyckad (Failed) below the file in Firefox download window:

Davinde all 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@torgrimb Apologies for the slow response here.  The LR Engineering team is investigating.

A couple questions for you:

• Does it help if you try another browser like Chrome, Edge, Opera, etcetera? 
  • Are you currently in northern Europe?
  • What is your download speed with your current internet service provider?

Thank you for taking the time to report this.  We hope to hear from your, and produce a solution soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 
The Lightroom web engineering team have just posted a fix for this issue. Could you please refresh your browser and retry? Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Best regards,
Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same problem.  I'm trying to obtain a large amount of photos from an LR library and have tried multiple rar and zip extractors.  File is "corrupt" everytime.  Using these files from a 3rd party on a deadline and this is blocking me from being able to complete their project =[.  Running an iMac  and Chrome for downloads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Sounds like there could still be a problem. How large is the album in question? (number of assets and approximate size).

If it is possible, could you share the album with me and I can have an engineer look at it? You can private message me the share URL.

As a temporary workaround, you might see if your provider can break the album they are sharing into smaller albums. 

Thanks,

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am still having the same issue and breaking down an album with hundreds or thousands of images seems complicated, when the idea with a zip file is to have something that can handle large sizes.

I get the exact same error that the file is corrupt - never experienced this before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines