Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicated Adobe Standard Profile

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I have two "Adobe Standard" profiles on all my RAW/DNG files. This is problematic since the profiles have the same name but they impact the photo differently. I use Adobe Standard as my starting point and with this bug I'm not sure if I'm using the right profile.

This is happening in Lightroom (v7.1.0) for the iPad and iPhone (OS 15) but not on the Lightroom desktop version (not talking about Lightroom Classic).

Thank you!

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anybody out there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try assiging each one and read the full camera profile name. One of them is probably Adobe Standard and the other Adobe Standard v2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your feedback! I did as suggested but unfortunately I always end up with the same name.

I did some research around this and found out that:

- Regardless of the version of Adobe Standard I choose, only the first one is highlighted. If I select the second one, the first one is highlighted, but there is a slight difference in contrast between the profiles.

- If I pick Adobe Standard to be on my favourites, both profiles end up at the list. If I remove one, both are gone.

This is happening in Lightroom for iPad / iPhone. The desktop version is working properly with no duplicates. Some pictures attached for clarification.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What camera model and are these DNG Files? Also what LR Desktop version are you using? My guess is that these files were edited on the iPad or iPhone with an earlier version of Adobe Standard that was later replaced with a v2 Adobe Standard camera profile. I'm going to move this post to the Lightroom Ecosystem forum for LR Desktop & Mobile. Perhaps someone else can help there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help. The DNG files are from a Nikon D810. I'm using LR Desktop v5.1 and LR for iPad v7.1.0.

I did some experiments around this issue and found out that when I import from my D810 to my iPad, the duplicated profile bug does not exist. If I import from my D810 to my desktop, the duplicated profile appears on my iPad. 

In order to resolve this bug - that creates two Adobe Standard profiles and sets me up for eventual error when editing a photo - I created a preset that applies the "original" Adobe Standard profile and made it a Raw Default on both LR versions - this way I'm always working with the same profile no matter what device I'm using.

Again, thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if there is an Adobe Standard camera profile in the User folder at the below location. If so delete it, close and restart LrC, LR Desktop, LR Mobile apps and the 2nd Adobe Standard profile should now be gone. If not please upload one of the DNG files with the issue to Dropbox or other file sharing site and I'll take a look at it.

Windows—C: \ Users \ [your username] \ AppData \ Roaming \ Adobe \ CameraRaw \ Camera Profiles

Mac—Macintosh HD / Users / [your username] / Library / Application Support / Adobe / CameraRaw / Camera Profiles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't find any Adobe Standard camera profile in the location you gave me.

Here you can find a link to the RAW file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PWi8hXosopCRuLZ2Woaf95h5bDQnU9Wy/view?usp=sharing

Upon more experiments I discovered that the duplicated profile only appears when I'm working with the Smart Preview file (which is the standard file that LR gives me when I upload a RAW file on my desktop). If I download the original to my iPad, the duplicated profile disappears. I can work around this situation with no problems 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need a DNG file, which will have all of your edits and perhaps an embedded 2nd Adobe Standard camera profile. Please export the NEF to DNG file format with the below setings and repost to Google Drive. Beyond that I'm out of ideas.

ToddShaner_0-1640709885969.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, here you can find the DNG version with my edits. The duplicated Adobe Standard profile bug is happening on my end.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oeGlfuVbe4L9RyGt7RJNNrCBGajS7MTs/view?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing two Adobe Standard camera profiles on my system using LR Desktop 5.1. Only other suggestion would be to uninstall LR Desktop 5.1 and then reinstall it using the Creative Cloud app.

ToddShaner_0-1640783326208.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the duplicated profile bug is only present on the LR mobile version (iPhone or iPad). Can you check the same file on a mobile device and see if the Adobe Standard profile is duplicated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I only have a Samsung tablet running LR Mobile for Android. The profile browser on it looks identical to LR Desktop screenshot that I posted above. Suggest uninstalling LR Mobile and then reinstall and see if that fixes the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines