• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicated photo stuck uploading (not syncing)

Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have one photo (CR3) that I edited in Lightroom on my mac which I then proceeded to "Duplicate 1 photo" to have a different edit. The original is edited and properly synced but the duplicate is stuck in persistent "uploading" state—despite leaving for a considerable amount of time.

On my mac, Lightroom CC:

kierrsun_0-1668337920586.png

On my iPhone and iPad:

kierrsun_1-1668338045360.jpeg

On iPhone and iPad album view:

kierrsun_2-1668338113799.jpeg

All apps are updated to the latest versions as of time of posting.
macOS Ventura: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom version 6.0

iOS 16 & iPadOS 16: Lightroom version version 8.0.0 7FE042/60

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have struggled with this too!! I will duplicate a photo, oftentimes if I want to make it black and white, and it does exactly that. The only way I have gotten around this was to delete the duplicate and then do that again... which is very frustrating. One time though it happened with the original photo and I started panicking. So frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMO-  Trying to 'Duplicate' a photo from a file that exists in your computer is prone to problems.

Lightroom uses your original files that are stored in the Adobe Cloud. (FIles in your computer are only 'cache' copies.)

If you try to Add/Import a 'duplicate' to the catalog, Lightroom would refuse as it allows an original file to be uploaded only once.

The way to edit different versions of the one original photo is to use 'Versions' within the Lightroom Editing window-

1) Select the photo in Lr and Edit [E]

2) Choose [Versions] at the base of the editing panels-

2022-11-16 09_29_19-Window.jpg

3) Click on the [+] to create a new version, give it a name-

2022-11-16 09_29_34-Lightroom.jpg

4) Now you have a 'duplicate' in your library that you can edit individually-

2022-11-16 09_30_03-Lightroom.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU for explaining LR's not accepting duplicates, and what to do!

I had the same problem.

Jackie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand your flow, but I think this one is a separate issue. I did not try to import the same file again, simply it was already imported and synced to the cloud (uploaded weeks ago). When you right click a photo, there's an option to make a duplicate—this works quite differently than versions because for example, I may have different edits for a single photo co-existing in different albums. Whereas if I try to use Versions, changing the edits in one photo will change it everywhere that photo is referenced from.

For example, I need to have a Portrait and a Landscape crop of the same photo in the same album in presentation and sharing for the client.

Nevertheless, I wish we don't have to rely too much on our own workarounds because of Lightroom bugs 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines